Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Later in Life

I can hardly wait for winter to be over and we're only in fall.  

I found this really great idea for a pathway in my garden.  See the slices of wood?  I think this is such a great look and so creative!  I've attached the website I found it at here.  

  











I also love this idea for some rain storage in my garden so I don't have to drag the hose across my yard all of next year.  I'm sure it will not keep my garden watered all year, but it'll be a nice option to have when we do get some rain.  :)  

Website is here.

1 comment:

  1. Ellie
    the wood lily pads as they are called look great in photo but real world is thy are hard to walk on and most often unstable, i.e. unsafe to walk on. Sorry. large flag stones i.e. at least 2 inches thick and 18 inches in diameter are safer, I prefer pavers. I put pavers in my greenhouse this fall. The barrels on down spouts work in a contenential climate, i.e. were it rains during the growing season. We live in a meditrainian climate, no rain during the growing season. If you had a cistern about 5,000 to 15,000 gallons then you could save rain water from the rainy season and use it during the growing season. lo, water is too cheap to justify the cost. Lots of good ideas. We can talk about a drip system for your garden. It is very easy and not all that expensive. It gives you PEACE OF MIND. The correct amount of water when the plants need it. :) Joshua is learning how to put them in. We did one at his place a year ago and he did one for his in laws last season.

    B

    ReplyDelete