Sunday, February 26, 2012

Last Week February 2012

Well weather remains unsettled. Friday night and Saturday morning we received about 10 to 12 inches of snow at Snowshoe Inn. I had to dig the truck plow out of the snow and put back on truck to clear the roads in the neighborhood and mom's driveway. She got a couple of inches in town. Today Sunday it was clear at 5 am when I feed Pepper, It remains partly cloudy with more sun than clouds. It is in the 70's in the greenhouse today. I picked spinach for tonight's dinner from the greenhouse and will pick some chives tonight for the baked potatoes just before dinner. Also before dinner I will pick some more micro greens from the grow room. I am getting better at growing them. I have learned to sow half a flat each Sunday or Monday, that is about how many we use each week. With two flats going, four half flats, fresh seeded, one week old seedlings, two week old seedlings and harvesting 3 week old seedlings. It is a long time up here at Snowshoe inn before the last frost day passes. One of the hardest things to learn is to be patient and spring will come. Seedlings sown too early in the greenhouse and held too long before transplanting tend not to grow too well when transplanted. I think that was the problem with my cole crops last season.

Keep warm & dry

Bob

1 comment:

  1. Do you use your Chives often? I've been thinking a pot of those would be nice, but I wonder how frequently I would use them...

    ReplyDelete