Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring is in the air!

Two weeks ago I had decided I wasn't going to plant a garden this year.  We're in the middle of a bathroom remodel and as soon as that is finished we plan on starting in on the kitchen and this fall is the basement.  The garden is a back burner for me.  BUT since the weather was so lovely this last weekend I got suckerd into planting some easy to maintain veg.  Beans, beets, kale, garlic (planted last fall actually) corn and some squash/zucchini.  I have tarped everything else off and hope to have a nice clear patch of ground to garden on next spring.  :)

Hope all of your gardens are planted and you're doing well.

-e

1 comment:


  1. Ellie, Some people just have gardening in there blood. Planting is the easy part, maintenance is the hard part, Think lots of mulch. I am going to try cardboard and wood chip mulch on one of my customer's garden beds because of invasion by blue grass. It is worth a try. Still snow here and frost every night. I hope to start seedlings in greenhouse this weekend. I got fushias, geraniums, etc in greenhouse now. Need to hold until 2nd week in June before out planting. One of the challenges of gardening at 4,750 feet in the Central Oregon Cascades.

    ReplyDelete