Thursday, April 2, 2020

Coronavirus Victory Garden at Camp Crain 2020


This is Snowshoe Inn today.   Still winter here
 .




In the heated greenhouse you can see micro greens on bench potatoes  chitting  on floor in trays, and other tender plants I have been overwintering


Trays on bench with micro greens and baby greens.


April 2nd 2020.  It is still very cold here at Snowshoe Inn.  Temperature this morning was 13 degrees F.  Forecast high is 36 degrees F.  Not very spring like but winter does not give up with out a good fight here.  In my heated greenhouse I have been overwintering my tender perennials and citrus trees.  The citrus trees started dropping leaves in January.   In Late February and early March new leaves began to appear.  Today I gave the citrus trees and my potted blueberry plants their first shot of fertilizer.  Also today I cut my seed potatoes and set them out in trays to cheat them.  If soil warms enough I hope to plant my first crop of potatoes in a month.  Then I will plant my second crop of potatoes a month after that.  We are planning on heading out to Upper Klamath Lake Monday for five days of isolation from caroniavirus and do some canoeing.  We are at the end of the spring water fowl migration.  I hope we can see some birds on the water.   On or about the middle of April I will begin succession sowing of my spring and summer crops in heated greenhouse.  I have redesigned garden and will have raised bed to help organize plantings.  I hope to be better organized this coming growing season.  Feel free to follow along with this blog this summer..

No comments:

Post a Comment