Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!



I spent the morning weeding out my garden (much, much over due).  It's an amazingly sunny day here in Portland.  The weeding was pretty easy to do, even though there was so much of it.

After replanting my lettuce, some flowers beans and my acorn squash I feel much better about my garden.  Everything is peaking out at me now.  Everything but the sunflowers.  And I don't expect them until later in the summer.  We need some warm days before I expect to see them.










I hate admitting it, but Derrick was completely right.  I'm going to do raised beds next year.  This bending over and weeding my whole garden is really becoming a much bigger chore than I anticipated.  I think this fall we'll put the raised beds in.  I think we'll have a total of 10 beds, including the 3 we already have.






 A lot of rows not growing...might replant.  No leeks so far, no Cauliflower so far, no carrots....and not one single flower has come up to bring the good insects to eat all those aphids.  May just run to the store and buy some that have already been started....we'll see how that works out.
 The pile of weeds before I carried them away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment