Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Corn Down

So, I pulled all of my corn out of my garden this last weekend.  I boiled it up and then froze it.  I think it still is very tasty.

My carrots are coming out next I think.  The cabbage got away from me and is a pile of mess.  I pulled out the worst of it, but I kept a few I thought I could salvage.  I'm not sure if I waited too long into the season to plant my onions or not, but they really aren't doing much.  They just seem to be dying but when I pull one out they dont' have the "onion" bulb on the end.  It's just the greens coming out of the ground.

My brussel sprouts and pumpkins seem to be the last survivors.

Oh!  I finally gave up on my tomato plants as well.  They are in the compost bin with the corn stalks.  Seems the garden is ramping down for the winter.  Now that we're in a perfectly lovely Portland winter....

No comments:

Post a Comment