Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Jobs


Well fall is official. I have been hoeing the fall weeds from the beds to prevent them from becoming established before spring. I cleaned out my heated greenhouse, pulled one of the benches out and build a raised bed for my winter crops. I will be sowing leaf lettuce, beets tops, kale, Etc. as soon as I have some more free time. I am going to lay some pavers down the center aisle. That should help keep it more enjoyable than walking in mud all winter. One year I put in some sod. Bobbe loved sitting in the greenhouse in April with her shoes off and toes in the green grass and we had 3 feet of snow outside. I have been cutting back on irrigation also and starting the irrigation later in the day to reduce the chances of causing ice on driveway & patio. I transplanted some more raspberries last week from mom's place. If I had time I will transplant a few strawberries also. So many projects and never enough hours in the day.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment