Monday, September 19, 2011

Week of Rain

It basically rained all of last week.  Not a lot going on in my garden.  The self raising flour I put on my cabbage and brussel sprouts did some damage to my cabbage.  So much for that great idea.  At the same time, I don't see any more worms or white butterflies fluttering around.  That might be because of the rain and drop in temperature, or the flour trick...not sure.

We pulled some very nice corn off of the stocks this weekend.  Derrick told me he didn't want to do corn again next year because it takes up so much room in the garden and it's only $1 for 4 ears at the grocery store....I can't really argue too much with that.  Other than I like watching them grow!

This next week is supposed to warm up, and I hope to see some massive growth on my onions.  Right now they just seem to be dying and I'm not sure why.

The only thing really flourishing is my jalapeno plant.  It's producing more jalapenos than I can cut and eat.  I'm wondering about freezing them....

No comments:

Post a Comment