Sunday, May 13, 2012

Early Spring

Well it is hard to believe it was 16 degrees a few days ago.  Today it was 80 degrees.  We had mom out for her Sunday at "Snowshoe Inn".  She spent the whole day on the patio with out TV!  I transplanted Walla Walla White and red storing onion plants, also transplanted asparagus root. I wish I know why my asparagus plants were not taking.  If they do not take soon, I am going to dig them up and replace them with something else.   My blueberry's took an other hit this winter.  The plants did not go dormant early enough last winter and tops froze back this winter.   Like I have said if it was easy it would not bee so much fun??   Warm weather is forecast to last a week or so.   We will see what happens.   I need to sow snow peas in soil blocks in greenhouse soon, also squash for transplanting in the middle of June. I noticed that my tomato plants have begin to germinate today.  In six weeks I will have tomato plants to out plant. I hope in 8 weeks to have pepper plants to out plant.  In August I start seedling for my winter garden. 

Keep warm and dry

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment